Southwest Direct Instruction Conference & Institutes
Are you new to Direct Instruction or wanting to improve your skills? Are you a teacher, administrator or paraprofessional interested in gaining specific training in Direct Instruction programs?
About the Conference
NIFDI's Southwest Training Conference is designed to help teachers, paraprofessionals, building coordinators and administrators successfully implement DI for all students. This powerful professional development event will provide the most thorough program training possible in most of the main DI reading, language and mathematics programs available.
The conference features:
- four full days of program-specific training in Direct Instruction programs;
- placement test materials provided to registrants prior to the conference to ensure all participants attend the session that corresponds to their students' performance level;
- detailed, field-tested training plans and support materials for each session;
- trainers who have coached teachers successfully in the specific programs covered in the sessions; and,
- on-site lunch provided each day as part of your conference fee to allow for networking and team building.
This is a professional development event unlike any other. Join us in San Antonio to master critical skills in delivering instruction through programs that have provided a solid foundation for success in thousands of schools around the world!
2017 Southwest DI Conference & Institutes Brochure
Placement Testing Your Students in Preparation for Training
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR PROGRAM TRAINING: We strongly recommend that you administer DI placement tests to your students before registering for program training. For placement tests and instructions, click here.
An optional 1 quarter hour of graduate (SPED 508) or undergraduate (SPED 408) level credit is available through the University of Oregon Summer Session for a fee of $75.00 each. Grading is pass/no pass.
A 100% refund will be issued to requests received by May 19, 2017. Cancellations after May 19th will not be refunded. Participants wishing to cancel after the deadline may arrange for a substitute participant. Please call 877.485.1973 to arrange a substitution.
555 S. Alamo St
San Antonio, TX 78206
- Airport Information
- Hotel Information