Learn the Fundamentals: Intro to DI Video Series
Have you ever wished there was a convenient, online resource that you could use to help explain the fundamentals of DI to newbies? Well, now there is! NIFDI is proud to release our brand new Introduction to Direct Instruction video series!
This nine-part introduction is free and covers a range of topics relevant to individuals new to DI, including:
- What is Direct Instruction?
- What are the Direct Instruction programs?
- What are the Direct Instruction program components?
- How are students assessed in the DI programs?
- What directions are there in the Teacher Presentation Books?
- What is the comprehensive Direct Instruction model?
- What is the research base for Direct Instruction?
- What training and support are available for implementing DI?
- How do I get started with Direct Instruction?
Each video is only about five minutes long, providing a succinct introduction to each topic. Users can browse through the videos separately, but we recommend viewing them in the order they appear on the NIFDI webpage.