Direction Instruction Coaching Academy: Analyzing Data, Classroom Observations, and Providing Feedback
An effective coach will help the Direct Instruction teacher evolve from a technician to an engineer of instruction. This session will provide participants with information and practice in:
- Communicating with staff in order to increase instructional effectiveness.
- Refining observational skills to increase the coach's ability to provide data-driven feedback.
- Determining the appropriate intervention based on data and observation.
- Utilizing a variety of interventions (in-class coaching, 1:1 rehearsal sessions).
- Designing and delivering efficient on-going professional development sessions.
- Facilitating Data Analysis Team meetings to find and solve student performance problems in a timely manner.
Stay tuned for information on the next Coaching Academy.
The training runs from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day.
Date & Location:
Certificates of Completion: Each participant in the Direct Instruction Coaching Academy will receive a certificate of participation. This certificate is awarded to those that have completed the 2-day training.