Southwest Direct Instruction Conference
About the Conference
NIFDI's Southwest Training Conference is designed to help teachers, paraprofessionals, building coordinators and administrators successfully implement DI for all students. This powerful professional development event will provide the most thorough program training possible in most of the main DI reading, language, and mathematics programs available.
The conference features:
- the popular 5-day Institute, Becoming an Effective DI Trainer;
- four full days of program-specific training in Direct Instruction programs;
- placement test materials provided to registrants prior to the conference to ensure all participants attend the session that corresponds to their students' performance level;
- detailed, field-tested training plans and support materials for each session;
- trainers who have coached teachers successfully in the specific programs covered in the sessions; and,
- on-site lunch provided each day to allow for networking and team building.
This is a professional development event unlike any other. Join us in San Antonio to master critical skills in delivering instruction through programs that have provided a solid foundation for success in thousands of schools around the world!
Southwest DI Conference Brochure & Registration
Placement Testing Your Students in Preparation for Training
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR PROGRAM TRAINING: We strongly recommend that you administer DI placement tests to your students before registering for program training. For placement tests and instructions, click here.
Institute on Becoming a DI Trainer
Has your district received training and on-site coaching support for implementing Direct Instruction (DI), and is now looking for ways of maintaining the implementation with a high level of fidelity? The institute on "Becoming an Effective DI Trainer" can help your school or district expand its capacity for providing training and support to the DI implementation by developing on-site trainers. pdf Applications are now available and due by May 10th. For more information, click here.
A 100% refund will be issued to requests received by May 25, 2019. Cancellations after May 25th will not be refunded. Participants wishing to cancel after the deadline may arrange for a substitute participant. Please call Bryan Wickman at 877.485.1973 to arrange a substitution.
|The Venue||Visitor Information|
San Antonio Marriott Northwest
3233 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78213