Toll Free
877.485.1973 | T: 541.485.1973 | F: 541.683.7543
info@nifdi.org | P.O. Box 11248 | Eugene, OR 97440

• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6

Kindergarteners Solve Basic Algebraic Problems

In a video recently uploaded to YouTube, maverick educator Siegfried "Zig" Engelmann demonstrates an instructional approach that has young children solving basic algebraic problems (DI, of course!). This is the first part of a video filmed in the summer of 1966. The students featured in the film attended the Bereiter-Engelmann Preschool for at-risk children and, at the time of this filming, had not yet entered first grade. Checkout the video on YouTube. Be sure to share the link with your friends and fellow educators, too!

The video is available in its entirety at www.zigsite.com.

Implementing Direct Instruction Successfully: An Online Tutorial

When implemented fully, Direct Instruction (DI) is unparalleled in its ability to improve student performance and enhance students’ self-esteem. In order to implement DI effectively, much more is required than simply purchasing instructional materials. The following two-part tutorial guides administrators, teachers and coaches through the key features of a successful DI implementation. Part I provides an overview of the steps schools need to take in preparation for a DI implementation before school starts while Part II provides an overview of the steps schools need to take after school has started.

A firm understanding and execution of the concepts presented in each of these tutorials will set up your school for success with all students – from struggling learners to gifted children!

Tutorial-Image-Module-1v3Tutorial-Image-Module-2

Have a slow connection? You can view the quiz portion (no videos) of the tutorial here. To get a copy of the videos on disk to use with this method, please contact us at 877.485.1973 or info@nifdi.org.

Module-Bottom-Button-A rev

Module-Bottom-Button-B rev

Module-Bottom-Button-C rev2

Module-Bottom-Button-D rev