NIFDI Has a Solution for All of Your Literacy Needs!
Do your students perform below grade level in reading? Have performance gaps in reading increased at your school over the last few years? Or do you want to prevent performance gaps from developing by implementing an approach that has been proven to promote universal literacy to virtually all students with functional expressive and receptive language skills?
The National Institute for Direct Instruction (NIFDI) has a solution for all of your literacy needs. NIFDI is the leading provider of training, coaching, and implementation support for the Direct Instruction (DI) methodology, the most well-researched approach to reading instruction. Click on the following to access
- a bibliography of research studies on DI
- a paper on how Reading Mastery incorporates the Science of Reading
NIFDI supports both developmental and remedial reading programs
NIFDI can support the implementation of the following developmental reading programs:
- Reading Mastery Signature Edition (RMSE)*
- Reading Mastery Transformations (RMT)*
- Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
*For both RMSE and RMT there is an accompanying six-level language program that has been proven to be highly effective in helping children build background information as they develop their written and expressive skills.
NIFDI can also support the implementation of the following remedial reading programs:
NIFDI recommends the implementation of Expressive Writing as a remedial writing solution.
For English Language Learners, NIFDI can provide support for Direct Instruction Spoken English (DISE).
NIFDI provides training and support that meet your school’s needs
NIFDI can support a wide range of types of reading at your school, including:
- tutoring programs,
- resource room instruction, and
- schoolwide reading initiatives.
NIFDI support can include any of the following:
- training on administering and scoring the Direct Instruction (DI) placement tests;
- assistance with forming instructional needs based on the placement test results;
- advice on instructional material orders and schedule modifications to accommodate the DI programs;
- pre-service (program) training on delivering the programs that match your students’ needs;
- on-site coaching visits by NIFDI experts;
- off-site data analysis of student performance summaries;
- remote problem-solving and mentoring sessions;
- coaches’ training designed to provide lead teachers and building coordinators with the skills needed to support the DI implementation effectively.
A full immersion, schoolwide implementation of DI ties all of these elements together.
For building the capacity of your lead instructional staff, NIFDI offers the following as part of the National Direct Instruction Conference:
- Administrator's Leadership Institute
- Institute on Becoming an Effective DI Trainer
- Direct Instruction Coaching Institute
Let us hear from you!
Fill out the following form to let us know the literacy needs of your school:
Or contact us at email@example.com or 1 877 485-1973 toll-free.
Download a pdf free PDF to learn how you can achieve success for every student with NIFDI!