This nine-part introduction is free and covers a range of topics addressing the fundamentals of Direct Instruction. Designed to provide information relevant to individuals new to DI, topics include:
- What is Direct Instruction?
- What are the Direct Instruction programs?
- What are the Direct Instruction program components?
- How are students assessed in the DI programs?
- What directions are included in the Teacher Presentation Books?
- What is the comprehensive Direct Instruction model?
- What is the research base for Direct Instruction?
- What training and support are available for implementing DI?
- How do I get started with Direct Instruction?
Each video is only about three to five minutes long, providing a succinct introduction to each topic. Users can browse through the videos separately, but we recommend viewing them in the order they appear below.