This 100-minute recorded webinar details how Siegfried Engelmann developed and refined Authentic Direct Instruction, the most comprehensive and effective system for teaching the widest range of learners.
The features and purpose of the component parts of Authentic DI are explored in detail. Viewers will gain insight into how these features are the basis for Barak Rosenshine’s 10 Principles of Instruction as well as distinct differences. Some of these differences include:
- field-tested programs, revised on the basis of field-test results
- faultless communication via scripts
- student materials that match teacher scripts
- procedures for placing students at their skill level
- in-program assessments to confirm mastery of skills
Original broadcast December 9, 2020
You can download the pdf handout version of the PowerPoint presentation for your reference.